Roncalli College offers a holistic curriculum that provides students
with the opportunities to develop their academic,cultural,
spiritual and physical potential.
At Roncalli College we strive to produce mature young men and women whose lives reflect their faith and who are committed to living in the service of others.
To apply online please follow this link.
Roncalli College Preference Enrolment Scheme
Roncalli College is a Roman Catholic College with a maximum roll of 520 students. It is a co-educational secondary school in the South Canterbury region.
Qualifying Parishes means one of the following Catholic Parishes as defined by the Diocese:
Priority of Enrolment
All applications for Enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
Non-preference students may be enrolled only if spaces remain after all preference applicants have been enrolled.
The maximum number of non-preference places available is determined by the Roncalli College Integration Agreement (5% of the maximum roll – 520 students). This equates to a total of 26 students.
Priority among non-preference will be given in the following order:
1. Sibling of students currently enrolled at the College
2. Sibling of a past pupil
3. Children of Roncalli staff or Board members
4. Non-preference students coming from another Catholic school
5. Local students who want to participate in the special character of the school
Criteria for non-preference students attending Roncalli College:
N.B. If there are more applicants than places available within the same priority category, they will be allocated by ballot.
Unsuccessful applicants can choose to be added to the waiting list. This will be kept within relevant priority categories and ranked in order. Students on a waiting list may be offered a place at a lter date if one becomes available. The waiting list will remain current until the beginning of the next enrolment intake.
Each year applications will be sought by a date determined by the Board of Trustees and will be advertised locally to the community. Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the closing date.
Places at other year levels
The selection process described above will so apply to students who enrol at Years 10-13 either at the beginning or during the school year. Applicants on the waiting list will have first offer of places as they become available
Preference Criteria for Integrated Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Christchurch:
1. The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
2. The child's parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
3. At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child's participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
4. With the agreement of the child's parent/guardian, a significant familial adult such as a grandparent, aunt or uncle who is actively involved in the child’s upbringing undertakes to support the child's formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
5. One or both of a child's non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
Roncalli College has a maximum of 26 non-preference places.
There are currently 5 non-preference places available for 2022